Zoho People’s integration with Zoho Directory allows Administrators to handle identity and user access management with ease. Manage access to multiple products with varying login credentials using one central tool. Zoho Directory improves your organization’s online account security.
Using Zoho Directory Integration
- A Zoho Directory account is required (https://directory.zoho.com/Sign in using your Zoho credentials).
- To Begin, go to Settings > Integrations > Zoho. Select Configure in the Zoho Directory space.
(once your Zoho People account is linked to Zoho Directory, the Configure button will be changed to View Details)
- There are 4 options to choose from. Single Sign-On, Security Policies, Active Directory Sync, Sign-in Activity. To begin, click Configure to sign-in and start using the listed features. You can learn more about the various features below
Enabling SAML will allow the users to authenticate themselves through their identity provider (or domain). For example, if SAML is enabled for zylkercorp.com, then users logging in from that domain will be verified and allowed to login.
Security policies are a set of customizable rules that govern how your users can authenticate themselves. They consist of four components:
- Password policy: This component dictates how strong the users’ passwords must be and how often they have to be renewed.
- MFA: This component dictates which multi-factor authentication modes the user can use to sign in.
- Allowed IPs: This component dictates which IP addresses the user can use to sign in. Any sign-in requests from IPs that aren’t allowed will be denied.
- Session management: This component dictates how many active sessions a user can have, and for how long.
To Add a Security Policy
- Sign in to Zoho Directory , then click Admin Panel from the left menu.
- Go to Security, click Security Policies, then click Add Security Policy.
- Name the policy, then choose the groups that the policy will be applied for.
- To prevent the policy from being applied to specific users in the chosen groups, add them under Exclude Users.
- Choose a policy priority. The new policy will be placed above the chosen policy.
Active Directory Sync:
Zoho Directory Sync is a secure and straightforward directory and password synchronization tool which helps in syncing users and their passwords in Active Directory (AD) with Zoho accounts.
Zoho Directory enables you to delegate user authentication and management to your Active Directory or LDAP server via Zoho Directory Sync (ZDSync) tool. This tool performs a one-way synchronization from your existing LDAP server to the Zoho Directory Admin Panel. This enables you to maintain all your user identities in a single place, without having to add, edit, or disable user accounts manually in the Admin Panel. As the synchronization always happens from AD to Zoho, the data in AD is never compromised.
Zoho Directory Sync Tool Functions:
- Queries your LDAP Server.
- Queries your Zoho Account.
- Compares the data in the two lists.
- Curates any changes during comparison.
- Updates your Admin Panel with all necessary changes.
Monitor active users, and view recent sign-in activities. Additionally, view user login history, usage, see reports, and more.
To access, this feature:
- In The Zoho Directory Integration page, (Settings > Integrations > Zoho. Select View Details under Zoho Directory. Click View to view sign-in activity from Zoho Directory.
- Select Users from the side menu to view list of all your Active users.
- Click on the user whose activity you wish to track and choose Account Activity (refer below image).
- On clicking that you will see details such as the IP address from where the user accessed Cliq and the login time.